Sunday, December 9, 2012

Why "The No Explosion Zone"

I am a very blessed teacher. I'm itinerant – like the “Art on A Cart” teacher – but I work mostly with academically gifted kids.

I'm blessed partly because I get to see some of the most amazing teachers, do amazing things in their classrooms!

On the other hand, I also get to see how difficult it is for so many teachers to struggle – being asked every year (sometimes every grading period) – to do more with less.

Someone once told me the logical end of always doing more with less, is to finally ….....

Do Everything With Nothing!

It is enough to make a teacher's head EXPLODE.
-----------------------------------------------------------
A (very little) bit about me.

I have just enough gray hair to make me wonder why anyone would ever pay attention to me.

On the other hand, I seem to have other teachers asking me if they can have copies of my “stuff” – the things I use or share with other teacher in my buildings (remember I said itinerant.) to help them either do more with less, or to do more things at the same time – To meet the needs of multiple groups of students at the same time, without having their head explode.
-----------------------------------------------------------

So.... here we go. A serious attempt at blogging. My other “attempts” have been short lived.
“If you're obsessive compulsive and ADD, things have to be perfect.......
but not for very long” - anon.


My commitment to you is to get “stuff” to you on a regular basis (even if it isn't perfect- but you know it's gotta be close since..... there I go again) and on a consistent schedule ( If I wasn't so ADD I'm sure I could get things to you on a more regula........ anybody want to go on a photo safari?)

See my stuff soon here and at:

Pinterest and TeachersPayTeachers

Be Well And Teach (Nah! -- Be Well & Help Students Learn)

Mark
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate your comments. Our goal is to help teachers serve more students at the same time "without having their head explode."

Let us know how our materials have helped; and share our Blog, Pinterest Boards, and Teachers Pay Terachers store with your friends and colleagues.

Thanks, Mark